Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week 7... I think

I already wrote a lot this week, but I ought to write my usual weekly post, right? I mean, think of all the readers I would disappoint it I didn't! So here I go.

It's gonna be short. Just warning you.

The week passed as normal. I helped dissect a frog on Monday; rather, watched a boy from Hong Kong dissect a frog. On Tuesday I went to a new shopping center, walked around trying to justify buying anything, bought a camisole for $10, then rode my bike home (no, not real home, it's impossible to ride bike from Australia to Utah... I think). Wednesday I had school and studying. Thursday I had school and work. Friday, well, how about that Friday. I actually did something.

On Friday, I went sailing with my Outdoor Pursuits class. I rather enjoyed it. I was in a boat with Rachel, Maike, and Tom, and we sailed that little boat like there was no tomorrow. For over an hour, around the same two buoys. Woo, exciting! Let's sail forward, now let's turn, now let's sail, now let's turn! Again and again and again. Really though, it was fun, turning is a little more hazardous than you might think. When I was in charge of steering I literally almost capsized the boat; I don't think they're gonna let me steer anymore.

I already wrote about Saturday (remember something called Mt Jim Crow? I do).

And today, Sunday, I missed church :(. Why? To go scuba diving, silly! It was required for class, or else I wouldn't have gone. It was enjoyable too. Except that on the first dive, where we went to 89 feet deep (think nine story building, put it under water, and I'm at the bottom), I randomly lost my weight belt and floated quickly and helplessly to the surface, which sucked because it ended my dive ten minutes premature. The second dive was cool because it was a drift dive and we just let the current carry us past the pretty reef. And guess who got to hold a sea snake! If you can't guess, wow, you need help. It was me. I was the one who held a sea snake. And for anyone who is afraid of snakes, these are your worst nightmare. Think flying snakes and you've got sea snakes, except in water. Pretty cool if you ask me.

The Dive Site. Look at that amazing island, don't you just want to lay out on the non-existent beach?

Wish I could say the other side looked cooler. It didn't. By the way, it's called Egg Rock. Don't ask me why.

This little man nicknamed Squid came with us. This was his bag. I was amused; there is no possible reason to be that obsessed with a fruit.

A sea turtle visited us. He/she was cute. (Sea Turtle, if you ever happen to read this, I mean no offense by that statement. It's just really hard to tell the difference between boy turtles and girl turtles... keep in mind, I did call you cute.)

After diving I waited with dive buddy Tom at the bus station (hahaha, I accidentally typed "bust station") for 1 1/2 hours before the bus showed up. Yay or public transportation!

No comments: