Monday, August 24, 2009

It took me 52 days, but I finally found it...

Guess what I discovered today: the fan on the ceiling of my bedroom. I've been getting uncomfortably hot lately, sweating buckets while I'm just sitting in my room, wishing for a fan, considering asking the people I live with if they have an extra one sitting around. Tonight I finally had the good sense to look up; I am now so much more comfortable because it of.


This also reminds me of earlier today when I was playing ball with Doug, the dog here. I usually kick the ball for him, but today, I grabbed the and held it in my hand. He looked everywhere on the ground for the ball but couldn't find it; he too didn't realize that all he had to do was look up and he would find exactly what he was looking for.

Perhaps that's all we need to do to find the things we seek. We live in a world of people only looking at eye-level; seeing only the things directly in front of them. If only we would look up, we'd be able to see God and all that he has in store for us.

Wow, so that started out as a post about me being stupid, but turned into a life lesson (that would also fit well into a cliche church talk). Interesting how writing has that effect. Cool.

No comments: