Now to my strange thoughts of the evening...
- Newest pet peeve: being treated like an idiot by somebody you know is an idiot. You want so badly to stare them in the face when they say, "Do you understand?" (to a completely simple concept) and be like, "Yes, I do understand that you put the drink through on the computer, now do you understand how the body metabolizes complex glucose molecules?? That's right, you don't, because you're freaking 15 years old. Why the crap are you superior to me??" (sorry for the vent-like tone... I had nobody to complain to at work so I held all the anger in until I got home.)
- Australians don't celebrate Halloween... at least not with trick or treating. They also don't have Twinkies, S'mores, Root Beer, Root Beer Floats, Cream Soda, Sherbet, or a number of different things.
- They also don't have lemonade. They do have "lemonade," but it's just another name for Sprite.
- Every few days, everything around here smells really bad. Wanna know why? Because my house is up the road from a meat processing plant. The smell is that of rendering meat.
- render |ˈrendər|
verb [ trans. ]
4 melt down (fat) : the fat was being cut up and rendered for lard.
• process (the carcass of an animal) in order to extract proteins, fats, and other usable parts : [as adj. ] ( rendered) the rendered down remains - Doesn't that sounds so wonderfully pleasant to be gasping into your lungs as you're biking up a two mile hill? Yeah, I think so too.
- For dinner, we had corned beef and cabbage. I do not like corned beef. At all. But Aileen keeps making it. The cabbage, on the other hand, is quite good, I really like it. I also really like spinach and sweet potato. I never thought I would ever say that.
- Ratings are different in Australia. Rated R is seriously bad; like, even the first three Saw movies didn't get that far. They got MA, which is kind of our equivalent to R. The next level is M, which is sort of like PG-13, only milder slightly. Guess what got rated M. The Matrix. Guess who's going to watch the Matrix. You guessed it (if you guessed me). But only an Australian one, haha.
- I think that's all the strange thoughts for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment