Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Road Trips/Medical Testing


I recently traveled up to the beautiful yet anal-police infested state of Washington with three of my friends. Our purpose? To take part in an eleven day clinical trial taking place in Tacoma. Most people are very against clinical trials and such, and I can understand why, but I personally am very in favor of them. I got payed $2,575+ to sit in a medical facility and inhale a compound every three days and get poked with needles a few times (for blood draws). Most of the time I spent there was free time. It was amazingly relaxing and with the food they provided, my diet became noticeably healthier. Yes, there are minor health risks, such as small side effects (nausea, headaches, etc), which did affect some of us in the study but not in any serious way. If anyone is even considering taking part in a clinical trial, I tell them to go for it, as long as they have done enough research on the facility and the drug they are taking. It's a great way to relax and earn money at the same time.

No comments: