But, I can be better. I read in my interpersonal communications book something about how to make yourself improve in an area you think you suck at, and I don't really remember what it said, but I figured I'd cite it for one reason or another. Yes, the book is sitting right next to me, I really could open it up and look up whatever it said, but I'm feeling particularly lazy right now.
Speaking of lazy, let's get to the first major even of the past who knows how long of my life since I last wrote: Running the St George Marathon. Yep, I sure did. And it was amazing. I've never had so much fun running 26.2 miles in my life. Really, if you ever feel any inclination to run a marathon, do so. I can't say enough about how rewarding it really is. By the way, here's my little bragging moment: My goal was the beat 3:30:00 (aka three hours and thirty minutes). My finishing time: 3:29:48.
Would ya look at that, Cassie's too cheap to buythe actual picture. But really, who would even want a
picture that DIDN'T have a big PROOF written
right over the front. Right?
Next significant life event: Thanksgiving! (Yeah, my life is that boring that I went nearly two months with nothing of significance to write about)
Actually, nothing truly significant happened during Thanksgiving. I basically just went up to Filer, Idaho with my family and had Thanksgiving dinner at an elementary school gym surrounded by little kids I think I ought to know but I actually don't.
Next came Christmas. (Yay, Christmas!) I was lucky enough to get three weeks off school and work to go home and spend some much needed time away from the stresses of college. We had our usual neighborhood Christmas party, the preparation for which requires that I spend three full days in the kitchen creating all sorts of wonderful goodies. The actual day of Christmas was stupendous, as it always is. Santa always knows exactly what I want, which is the opportunity to see my family together and happy on Christmas day. Oh, he also got me all the awesome presents I wanted. That Santa, he's a pretty cool guy if you ask me.
I make cinnamon roles every Christmas morning.I think they look really yummy here.
If you disagree... you're weird.
Last, but not least: New Years! Somehow (don't ask me exactly how) I got suckered into going to Vegas with my sisters Amanda and DeLaney and DeLaney's "friend" Darick. Just like last time I went to Vegas for New Years I was re-acquainted with just how drunk some people can get, so drunk in fact that they have to count down to the New Year more times than I can keep track of sober.
My sisters DeLaney, Amanda, and meat the top of the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
Yeah, apparently I put on a few extra pounds over the break.
Anyway, I think that's a pretty good synopsis of the past who knows how long of my life. I will try to be better at this blogging thing. I'm not sure what I will end up writing about if I write too often but I'm sure I'll find something to fill up the pages of this virtual and public diary. Either way, keep, you know, doing whatever you're doing, my most likely nonexistent readers. And until next time... look at these pictures.













1 comment:
Cassie!!
I love hearing (Reading) how you are doing. It looks like you had a great holiday season. And Yes those cinnamon rolls looked AMAZING! Miss you! If you ever come down to Salt lake then please let me know because I'd love to see you!!!
Post a Comment