
For those of you who don't know, my cat went missing three months ago, right before I returned home from Australia. To say this cat is awesome doesn't even begin to describe him. He's fearless and has the most laid back attitude I've ever seen in a cat. You have to meet him to truly understand him. Anyway, like I said, he went missing over three months ago. We put up posters but to no avail, nobody called. It seemed that our beloved cat, Cisco, was gone forever.
UNTIL some dude from the Catholic church on Leigh Hill, after having seen the old posters still hanging on the mailboxes, informed us that the church up there was feeding a wild cat, one that looked exactly like the cat in the pictures on the posters. So for the next day we checked up there whenever we drove into town, searching for the "big tabby cat" wandering around there. Finally, yesterday, I saw the cat, hiding in some bushes. It evaded my capture, but I was able to get a good look at it before it climbed into the storm drain. No, it was not my long lost kitty Cisco, so I went home, again convinced that my cat was gone for good.
Then, later that same evening, my dad got a call from our old neighbors on Leigh Hill, asking if we were missing a cat. "Heck yes we are!" My dad yelled enthusiastically... but not really. Anyway, we hopped in the Dadmobile and made haste to our old home on Leigh Hill. My heart raced as we stood on the front steps of our neighbor's house, and when they opened the door I felt weak with excitement as we followed them to their garage. They opened the door, and out walked a monstrous orange tabby cat. "CISCO!!!" I yelled enthusiastically (I really did) before hefting his 16 lb body into my arms and squeezing with all my might (he was trying to escape, I think my enthusiasm may have scared him just a bit).
Well, the rest of the story is sort of boring from there. We brought him home, my mom excitedly screamed "CISCO!" like I had and hugged him. We re-introduced him to our other two cats, and he didn't like them much, he hissed lots. I'm convinced this is because in their secret cat language, our other cats were mocking his new sparkly paisley blue collar complete with a ringing bell (it was the only one Wal-Mart had left), and he was telling them off with choice words.
Anyway, now that my cat is home, we have him cooped up in my bedroom (which now smells like cat pee... litter boxes stink) until he realizes exactly where "home" is. And I think my "Happy Meter" raised a couple notches since yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment